Do you already know these free tools for finding new donors via Facebook and Instagram?
How to raise money and increase brand awareness
In this article you will discover that Facebook has developed free tools that allow you to:
- Collect donations.
- Enable supporters to hold fundraising events for your foundation.
- Increase your brand awareness.
How do I raise money through Facebook?
After registering, you can raise money directly from your Facebook page in four ways:
1. Donation button
The donation button is a quick way for people to donate to your organization without leaving Facebook. Add the donation button to your page, posts and live videos, making it easier for supporters to contribute in just a few clicks. Donors can choose from a one-time or monthly recurring donation.
2. Page fundraisers
Whether you want to respond to a current event, raise money for a specific program or generate general support for your cause, your supporters can donate to your fundraiser directly on Facebook in just a few steps.
3. Fundraising sticker
The Facebook Stories fundraising sticker allows non-profits and their supporters to raise money through Facebook Stories.
4. Donate in live video
More and more people are going live on Facebook to share their experiences. Add a donation button to live videos on Facebook. Give people a glimpse of your organization and show in real time what impact your organization is making.
How can I raise money on Instagram?
There are three ways you can use Instagram to encourage your supporters to donate directly to your charity:
1. Instagram Live Donations
Raise money on Instagram Live by creating a fundraiser that adds a donation button to your live video. As soon as your live broadcast with donate button starts, you can see in real time how many people support your fundraiser and how much money has already been raised.
2. Instagram Stories donation sticker
Instagram Stories is used by more than 500 million people every day. Use the donation sticker in Stories to create a fundraiser to encourage your supporters to donate to your charity directly on Instagram.
3. Donate button for Instagram business accounts
The donate button on Instagram allows you to raise money directly from your Instagram business account.
What are the costs?
When you use Facebook’s payment platform to process donations, you pay no fees. All donations go to your foundation.
What kind of reports can I print out?
You have access to the following reports:
1. Transaction report for several days
In the multi-day transaction report you will find:
- Information about every donation made to your organization by donors on Facebook, through the Donate button or through a fundraiser.
- The donor’s first and last name, donation amount, and email address (if the donor wishes to share it).
- Regularly updated information. For example, a donation made on 1 January, is not reflected in a downloadable report until after 3 January.
2. Payment report
In the payment report you will find:
- Information on what amounts will be transferred to your foundation’s account with the amount and donation date.
How do I register my organization?
Please note that the assessment of your registration can take 2 to 3 weeks and make sure you have the following documents ready. You have to complete the registration in one go.
- Charity verification documentation
- Current bank details
- Information about your leadership team
- Identity cards of persons with certain functions
Are you looking for a professional way to generate leads and donate via Facebook? View our successful campaign for Mercy Ships here.
Download our whitepaper on online lead generation.
We would love to help you!